(All events are at the clubhouse/pool)
Movie Night Under The Stars - Sat. October 15th @ Dusk
HOA Board Meeting - Thur. October 27th 7:30pm
Santa's Visit - Sat. December 3rd 1pm - 3pm
HOA Board Meeting - Thur. December 15th 7:30pm
Ladies Gift Exchange - Thur. December 8th 7pm - 10pm
Lawn Care Tips For Fall
It's that time of year again! In this climate, you have one time of year to really get your grass growing, and that time is now! Here are several tips to get your lawn looking its best:
1) Between now and Oct. 15 is the best time to over-seed your lawn.
2) Prior to aerating your lawn, mow your grass slightly lower than usual.
3) It's best to aerate, over-seed and fertilize in the same day.
4) Before aeration, water your lawn thourghly the day before to achieve better results. If your lawn is really struggling, go over it multiple times with an aerator, or hire a service to aerate. Aerators can be rented from home improvement stores and rental companies at a daily rate. Book early!!! This time of year, landscape companies will be leaving fliers in our mailboxes.
5) After aeration, over-seed your yard at the rate indicated on the bag of grass seed. Most lawns in Southampton are fescue grass. You may also chose to apply lime at the rate on the bag.
6) Once you over-seed, apply starter fertilizer. Again, follow the instructions on the bag.
7) You can apply peat moss over the fairly bare areas. This will help the area maintain moisture and will improve germination. NEVER USE HAY/STRAW since it carries weeds!!!
8) Water daily for the first 10 days. After 10 days, water two to three times per week for optimal growth.
9) One to two months after over-seeding, apply winter fertilizer at the rate on the bag to strengthen and protect your new grass through the winter months. This will also help your grass remain green throughout the winter.
10) Do not rake leaves off your new yard. To protect your new grass, it is best to pick up debris by hand or utilize a blower lightly to remove leaves.
11) When the grass reaches 4 to 5 inches, it's time to mow. Don't leave clumps of grass on the mowed lawn.
12) If any areas of grass have not germinated over-seed them now and cover with peat moss.
Additional advice: If your lawn is over 50% weeds, it's time to rethink your game plan. It may be best to contact a professional.
Every month, the entire neighborhood is visually inspected by our management company to make sure the community maintains an attractive appearance. Here are a sample of the common issues that have been found from the latest inspections:
HOA Financial Information and Minutes
The current operating budget, financial statements and board minutes may now be found on our Financials page.
As many of you have seen on the news, a 16 year-old girl from Southampton is missing. Hailey Burns, of Baldwin Hall Drive was last seen Monday, May 23, 2016. The police and FBI are involved in the search to find Hailey. Many residents have expressed interest in doing something for her family.
Here's an except from the HOA's letter to the Burns family......"We cannot imagine how difficult your daughter's disappearance has been for you. We respect your privacy yet wanted to communicate our thoughts and prayers for Hailey’s safe return and to let you know we want to help in any way possible. Please know the Southampton community wishes to show its support and members have been inquiring as to how we can help you."
A Sign-Up Genius Account has been set up to assist the Burns family during this stressful time. If you are signing up for a gift card or service, please consider including it inside a card and personal note from your family to theirs. Please email Kristen Homka at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your gift card delivery or if you have questions. For the family, we thought gift cards instead of home cooked meals or baked goods would be best. We are also utilizing a neighbor, Roy Lindland, as a liaison so we don't overwhelm the family with door to door deliveries. If you are unable to donate, please consider sending a card of support to the family.
If you are new to Sign-Up Genius, it's a pretty simple process. To sign up go to www.signupgenius.com. Go to "Find A Sign Up" box at the top of the page. You will be asked to enter an email.
It is: email@example.com
Click on the "Southampton HOA Hailey Burns" sign up.
Thank you in advance for helping the Burns family during this difficult time!
Would you like to become more involved with your neighborhood?Currently their are openings for neighbors who would like to volunteer and help serve their community in the following committees:
Social Committee - Help plan social events that all of your neighbors can enjoy. Traditionally, these events have included: Pool Parties, Fall Festivals, Coordinate Santa's Visit, 4th of July Parade, and Adult Parties at the clubhouse.
Architectural Review Committee (ARC) - A committee is needed to help process ARC request from neighbors looking to make modifications to their property. Committee members will review requests to insure that they meets specifications outlined in the covenants, codes and restrictions.
If you are interested in joining a committee, please contact us at
Community Management Company
Superior Association Management, LLC
P.O. Box 2427
Huntersville, NC 28070
(704) 875-7299 – office
(704) 875-7177 – fax
"Pursuant to N.C.G.S. Section 7A-38.3F, the association is required to notify its members yearly that members and the association may request voluntary mediation of any dispute with the association arising under the North Carolina Planned Community Act, or under the association's declaration, bylaws, or rules and regulations, other than a dispute relating solely to the failure to pay dues or assessments. Either party can decline to engage in mediation for any reason. The procedure for requesting mediation is set forth in the statute."